[THIN] Re: AW: Re: Windows cannot load your profile. Please increase the registry size and restart the computer.

  • From: "Rick Mack" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 07:48:23 +1000

Hi Nuno,

Sounds like you're hitting the wall earlier than expected.

Let's go at it in a different way since adjusting the RSL maybe isn't working
as it should.

So accepting that your functional RSL is 130 MB, for whatever reason, the
challenge is how to squeeze more users into the amount of registry you have.

I need some more information before we go ahead.

How big is your average ntuser.dat?

How big is the Software hive?

How many users do you have logged on when you run out of registry?

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
Volante Systems

________________________________

Data:(0xffffffff = maximum)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SessionManager\MemoryManagement\
Value name: PagedPoolSize
Data type: REG_DWORD
Radix: Hex
Value data: 0xFFFFFFFF
Setting PagedPoolSize to 0xFFFFFFFF allocates the maximum paged pool in lieu of
other resources to the computer.

And forget the PoolUsageMaximum setting?

Does anyone recomend this? If not what then?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Nuno