[THIN] Re: AW: Re: CSG and WI 2.0 - URGENT

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:00:42 -0700

I hate to be picky on this subject, as it is quite old, but CSG DOES NOT
PROXY for the client when you have CSG and WI on the same server.  I have
just gone through an installation with this scenario, and the CSG service
REDIRECTS the client to port 80, and does not proxy.

I am only using one server, with one IP address, one SSL certificate, IIS is
listening on TCP 80 and 444, and CSG is configured with WI on the local host
(which CSG is listening on 443).

How do I get the CSG service to either PROXY the client requests, or
redirect to 443 for the WI without using another IP address/server?

Thanks,

Chris

  _____

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 21:03:23 +0200
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Anders_Hansen-=D8vre?= <Anders.Hansen-Ovre@xxxxxxxxx>

When you install CSG and WI on the same server you don't have to enable
HTTPS on your IIS. Just install a server certificate and select the
certificate from the SG config. When you access your WI, SG will "relay"
your request from the  <https://wi.company.com> https://wi.company.com to
the WI you selected in your SG config. This way you only have to enable
https (port 443) from your unsecure network to the WI/SG server.

Hope this helps.

---
mvh/yours
Anders Hansen-Øvre, Seniorkonsulent