[THIN] Re: ARTICLE: Compliance Push Gives Thin Clients Another Chance

  • From: "Foote, Eric" <EFoote@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:56:11 -0500

It's HIPAA...

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Jennifer Hooper
Sent: Friday, November 12, 2004 2:46 PM
To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [THIN] Re: ARTICLE: Compliance Push Gives Thin Clients Another Chance

Um, well, yeah, but it *highly* impacts how each and every public company does
business.  We must be in full compliance by 12/31, and the entire company is
scrambling to make this happen.  There are a ton of policies (5 of them affect
IT alone) that you must be able to PROVE that you have implemented in order to
be considered in compliance.  If you are not in compliance, company officers
are held accountable, especially if anything goes hinky.  I'd hate to be on a
team that required implementation of both HIPPA and SOX.

Jennifer

  _____