[THIN] Re: APPSRV.INI update in user's profiles

  • From: "Roy" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:47:49 -0700

If your users can tolerate loosing custom connections they have made,
then you can map their local drive and write a script similar to the
following:

Rem check to see if appsrv.ini has been removed for this process.
Rem will check for appreplace-date.inf i.e. today is
appreplace-030630.inf
If exist "v:\ Documents and Settings\%username%\Application
Data\ICAClient\appreplace-030630.inf" goto end
Rem
Rem delete current appsrv.ini so client will dynamically recreate from
.src file next time client is used.
Del "v:\ Documents and Settings\%username%\Application
Data\ICAClient\appsrv.ini"
Rem
Rem verify deletion occurred and place dummy file to prevent additional
updates.
If not exist "v:\ Documents and Settings\%username%\Application
Data\ICAClient\appsrv.ini" copy c:\sourcepath\appreplace-030630.inf "v:\
Documents and Settings\%username%\Application
Data\ICAClient\appreplace-030630.inf"
Rem
Rem if dummy file is in place end or send message to notify of failure.
If exist "v:\ Documents and Settings\%username%\Application
Data\ICAClient\appreplace-030630.inf" goto end
Net send administrator Appsrv.ini deletion failed on machine:
%clientname% for %username%
:end

hope this helps
(that was just a quick untested one but I think that is close, I can't
find the old one I wrote in vbs)
rat

Thank you,
Roy A. Tokeshi