[THIN] Re: AG/AAC with Sharepoint

  • From: "Ruben Spruijt" <Ruben.Spruijt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 08:35:35 +0100

http://support.citrix.com/kb/entry.jspa?entryID=8914

Ruben Spruijt

________________________________

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Matthew Shrewsbury
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 11:22 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] AG/AAC with Sharepoint

I'm trying to use the Access Gateway (appliance) with Advanced Access
Control to provide access to Sharepoint. The issue I am having is that I
can't find anyway to edit a document in Sharepoint. Even though I have
given full access to web resources for this user when they have to
download the file, edit the file, and upload the file.

When they try to directly open the file within Sharepoint by clicking on
"Edit in Microsoft Office Word" they receive the following error "'Edit
Document' requires a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible application
and Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or greater.". I've investigated
KB833714 but it doesn't seem to apply. When I don't go through AG/AAC
Sharepoint works without issues.

Any ideas? Is anyone actually using the AG/AAC with Sharepoint?

I'm running version 4.2 of AAC and AG.

Senior Network Administrator