[THIN] Re: ADSL and session thread freezing (OT?)

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:26:05 +0100

We use ADSL here, with Nildram, and dont get this. We dont use 3DES though, as
we have no FR. Same MF1.8 though, but on NT-TSE!

Seems odd that only one program is freezing for you though.. Is it always word,
or others also? What version is it?

Andrew
--o--

>>> craig.cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxx 26/08/04 10:55:39 >>>
Hi everyone,

Sort of off topic, not really looking for a solution, just wondering if anyone
else has these problems.

We have number of Terminal Servers servicing various sites across the UK.

The remote sites connect via adsl and have been reporting problems since the
installation.

The problem is slightly strange. A user can be typing away on a word document
when word freezes. However, it is only the word thread, the user can still run
other programs in their session. This happens quite frequently throughout the
day.

After watching the TS during a 'freeze' there is no significant increase in cpu
usage, and no difference between the 5 ts servers and 2 MF1.8 servers. It
occurs for users on all.

Setup is Win2k TS's or Win2k TS+MF 1.8. ADSL is BT openwound.

Really I guess what I'm asking is having not used ADSL with 3DES over the net
before, is it common with adsl to get these 'freezes' or should I investigate
further into comms/encryption problems or do I just get what I pay for?

Craig

This e-Mail is confidential and is intended for the addressee only.  If you are
not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use any information
contained in it.  If you received this e-Mail in error, please contact the
sender immediately and delete the document.  This e-Mail is for information
purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon or used as a substitute for
the medical advice of physicians.  Specific advice should always be sought on
any individual matter, in particular matters relating to the addressee's health
and any symptoms that may require diagnosis or medical attention.

This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
users, and time of day possible problems exist.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id20