[THIN] ADP programs on MF XP or 1.8 Experience anyone?

  • From: "Jim Strowe" <jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 21:53:31 -0400

One particular ADP program sucks up to 100% of the CPU time of the
workstations I try them on.  ADP's solution is to buy us a server, install
2000 and MF XP on it and to put this one program on it.

What other experiences do any of you have with the suite of ADP programs and
their usage on Citrix.  (either 1.8 or XP)  I'm new at this job and my
concern is that the vendor is saying, "oh a server will only cost $2,000.  I
think we're all used to the Compaq DL580 style which is a wee bit MORE than
that in the way of cost and reliability.