[THIN] Re: AD style policies in NT4 domain

  • From: "Durbin, Jeff" <jdurbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:49:18 -0800

I've had great success at deploying a completely locked down desktop
using NT4 Policy on 2000 servers in an NT4 domain. In some ways I think
it's easier than Group Policy and it's definitely more reliable. This is
definitely how I would do it.  You could also consider using Tricerat's
Desktop 200x product if you want to spend a few bucks.=20
  This may also interest you, although it's all users, not just a
certain group:

293655 - HOW TO: Apply Local Policies to all Users Except Administrators
on Windows 2000 in a Workgroup Setting