[THIN] Re: AD mixed mode

  • From: dmauri@xxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:45:33 +0100

We have had problems when trying to apply this settings in our farm,
How time it takes to aplly this?

Thanks-

                      "Jeff Durbin"

                      <techlists@redfish.      Para:     <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                      co.nz>                   cc:

                      Enviado por:             Asunto:   [THIN] Re: AD mixed
mode
                      thin-bounce@freelis

                      ts.org

                      22/12/2003 21:33

                      Por favor, responda

                      a thin

  It definitely works in mixed mode. What you have to watch out for in that
situation is that your NT4 System Policy will stop working. I had built a
MetaFrame farm for a customer using NT4 policy. That customer decided he
would upgrade his domain over a weekend and called to ask why he wasn't
getting policy on his MetaFrame servers.
  What I'd be looking at is why your group policy isn't working. Be sure to
reboot your MF servers after configuring the policy, because the loopback
processing reg key gets set during application of the machine policy, which
takes place at startup or when the machine's policy is refreshed. You can
use GPRESULT (from the reskit) to see what policy the machine is getting.
When the machine gets policy and receives the loopback setting, the
registry value that' s written is

HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\UserPolicyMode

  If that value isn't present, then the machine didn't receive the setting.
Of course, you have to make sure your policies are configured properly as
well (an OU containing your MF servers, policy applied to the OU,
permissions on the policy object allowing the machine to receive the
settings).
  Also go through all the normal DNS troubleshooting, as DNS is critical.
Check your DNS configuration with DCDIAG (reskit). The most common problem
I've seen with DNS is that the underscore entries aren't present for the
zone. I think "DCDIAG /FIX" corrects this (or it might be /fixdns).

Jeff Durbin