[THIN] AD mixed mode

  • From: "Luchette, Jon" <JLuchette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 08:59:59 -0500

Hello,

We are in the process of rebuiliding our entire citrix farm, and upgrading
it as well from fr2 to fr3, and NFuse from 1.7 to WI, and upgrading the CSG
as well to the latest version.  However when we first constructed the farm,
we were a flat NT domain, and we have since upgraded to AD mixed mode (we
have two 2000 DC's and two NT DC's).  When we first constructed the farm we
configured it to use system policies to lock down the users, and it seemed
to work fairly well.
Now we have tried to move to group policies, but have run into an issue with
"Loopback Policy Processing" and have been told that it is because of the
fact that we were now in mixed mode and have been shown an article from MS
that states it will only work properly in a fully 2000 environment.  At that
point we figured we'd just stick with using system policies for the time
being, but when we tried to set up system policies on our first build of our
new server, we were unable to get it working properly, and again were told
that it was because of the fact that we are in Mixed Mode.  Can anybody
verify that system policies will not operate correctly in a mixed mode
domain????

/jL