[THIN] AD Slow

  • From: "Phillips, Kevin" <KPhillips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 16:46:17 -0500

            Hello. I was wondering if anyone has seen this issue. 2 Win 2000
Advanced Server Domain Controllers, and 45 Win 2000 MF Servers (XP
FR2)...Recently we have been having speed issues trying to make changes to
AD objects from the MF boxes. From a MF box it takes about 45 - 60 seconds
for it to complete a reset password, or add user to a group. If you TS into
the DC directly, it only takes a few seconds...I would guess there is some
kind of traffic issues contacting the AD, but I do not know where to start.
Any ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!

Kevin Phillips

Web Services Administrator

Creative Solutions

Kphillips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Kphillips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again."