[THIN] AD GPO stop applying

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:14:43 -0400

I am in the middle of setting up two new Citrix servers. I have created
an OU in AD and placed them under that OU. I enabled the loopback policy
and set it to apply to a group. I also setup the GPO to delete cached
policy on logout. I setup a locked down desktop and redirected folders
etc.

Yesterday afternoon the Terminal Services profiles stopped deleting off
the server. I though this was very odd but found this hotfix
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827825 as I was
getting that same error message. Still my test user TS profile would not
delete or create save at time of log off to the network server. I
created a new user and it worked fine....so I kept testing with my new
user.

I as going through and making changes and everything was working fine
locked down desktop was fine and TS profile was working fine. All of a
sudden after minor change to a GPO in word my locked down desktop
disappeared. I removed all the changes I made still can't get a locked
down desktop.

Then I noticed that although my profile is not being removed from
documents and settings however it is also being created on the network
share at time of log out. So it appears it is storing it locally on the
server and on the \\server\tsprofiles <file:///\\server\tsprofiles>
location. This was working perfect this morning.

Folder redirection still works.....

I'm at a total loss. It seems as if some GPOs are being applied while
other are not. I have double checked all settings and everything looks
fine and set. Does anyone have any ideas?

Matthew Shrewsbury, MCSE+Internet MCSE 2000 CCA

Network Administrator