[THIN] AAC and WI on the same box?

  • From: "J. Henske" <jen.work@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 12:01:20 -0600

How many folks who are running the CAG/AAC are also using the AAC
boxes for WI access?

I am re-architecting our citrix environment to include the CAG/AAC in an HA
scenario.  All components will be at the latest versions.  I know we will
need a group of AAC servers, and a group of WIs at each site.  Is there any
disadvantages in combining the AACs and WIs, besides having to scale out a
bit to cover the load??  Still, combining them should still require fewer
machines then if I kept them separate.  The WIs will be serving up the
config.xml for internal PNA and some web access as well as the AAC sites.

I'm thinking if I can keep the web boxes identical that it will make it a
bit easier to support.

Thanks for your input,

Jennifer Henske
Lead Systems Engineer