[THIN] Re: A tired subject - SHUTDOWN

  • From: Jeff Rapp <JeffR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:14:12 -0400

David,

I use the TSSHUTDN.EXE without problems. I have seen in the past that when a
server hangs during this process it can be caused by the spooler service
hanging on reboot due to inproper release of autocreated printers. Are you
by chance receiving printer errors in the event log during the reboot
process.

If so make sure you stop the spooler server and delete all files in the
spooler directory. Here is the shutdown script that I use.

change logon /disable

msg * Please log off and save your work.  The server is restarting in 2
minutes.
sleep.exe 60
net stop spooler
sleep.exe 60

del c:\WINNT\System32\spool\PRINTERS\*.* /q

tsshutdn.exe /REBOOT

HTH-

Jeff