[THIN] Re: A real tricky one!!!

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 07:58:50 -0500

Tony this is not that uncommon. For a long time medical EMR apps were the
same way. BUT the problem is really not GETTING the Ip address (that is
simple) the problem is how the host sees the connections. Even if you get
the IP there is nothing to do with it. The TCP stack is loaded and coming
out the server nic and right now Terminal Server does not have a way to
virtualized that stack to send unique IPs for clients. (This is something we
asked for in our dream list while at Redmond, but since these apps are
becoming less frequent I doubt it will get a lot of attention)

Best bet is to change the backend application to use the %clientname%
variable or something else all together.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
Microsoft MVP - Windows Server

RapidApp, Chicago