[THIN] Re: A question from my security guys about exposure

  • From: george.wasgatt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 08:42:39 -0400

I too would rate your scenario the same - less exposure via an ICA
connection rather than over a VPN.  Mostly this is because ICA uses ports
that attackers might not be familiar with.  First steps would be to firewall
all home machines connecting to your network via a broadband router and / or
a personal firewall.  Follow up by providing good virus protection software
and updating signature often.  Treat home machines that VPN with you just
like you would machines in your internal network.