[THIN] Re: A challenge!

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:22:13 +0100

I've made my own equivalent of the wrapper in the past. It's fine for
published apps but published desktops display that damned "your desktop is
covered up" message. Can anyone suggest a way of getting rid of it? How does
Citrix know I've launched from a Windows desktop?

The DOS client is fine for us. It boots fast, can be installed on a 6MB
partition and runs in 4MB of RAM. Win98 has great memory management etc but
if it isn't needed, where's the benefit? I reckon simplicity is the key to
happiness for my engineers ;-)

Oh, one update. The flashing colour problem only seems to manifest itself in
256 colour mode. 16 colour mode is fine but hideously ugly.