[THIN] Re: 64bit Citrix and Access Gateway

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 11:04:47 +0100

On 25/05/05, Braebaum, Neil <Neil.Braebaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> S'funny, just over 2 months back I attended a preview for PS4, and they
> had a gateway to demo / present with - can't remember whether it was
> actually with them, or whether they just accessed it over t'internet
> back at their offices.

I was speaking to the main engineer guy (Paul?) and he was saying that
they don't get to keep the gateway appliances for long! They're
generally sold a few weeks after they get them in, so engineering
doesnt get much of a chance to play with them?!

Ooh, one other thing he said, PS3 -> PS4 CAN be a simple overinstall
job, its one of their tested and approved methods of upgrading.

> At the time, they were rather sketchy about the release dates. After
> that, I wasn't expecting it's release (PS4) quite as soon as it has
> been.
>
> Yesterdays thing was a bit more business-y than I thought it would be.

True, although it was only an overview :)
It gave me a good look at stuff I'd never have been able to play with
where I currently am though, so I enjoyed it :)
I especially liked the impressed mutterings that were going on
throughout the AppSense demo ;)

Andrew
This Weeks Sponsor: ThinPrint GmbH
and certificate management.