[THIN] Re: 59 Character Printer Name Limit

  • From: "Jan Broucinek" <tinybeetle@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 08:33:23 -0400

Rename the printer on the client. If the name is something like 'HP Laser
Jet Super Duper Whiz Bang 1200 printer'. Just rename it to 'HP1200' and life
should be good. We have to do this a lot due to our home-grown Oracle
program which has a 28 character limit.

Jan Broucinek, System Manager
Arthur Rutenberg Homes, Inc.
(727) 536-5900 voice