[THIN] Re: 4.5 Datastore and Satellites

  • From: "Long, Brett (Noumea)" <Brett.Long@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 15:33:48 +1100

I work for an organization that ran an Oracle Database and 2 Citrix
servers (4.0) in Brisbane and 4 Citrix servers (4.0) pointing back to
Brisbane from a South Pacific Island over a Satellite link.

We had numerous issues with the IMA service starting over the sat link
which caused delays getting the servers back up if there were issues.

We ended up splitting the DS into 2 farms 1 in BNE on the Oracle DB and
1 on the island on an SQL 2005 DB (There were also other business and
technical reasons for this decision)

Needless to say there has been a vast improvement in the IMA service and
server response time and the users are much happier as well.

Regards...

Brett Long

Vale Inco

* Noumea (+687) 235458