[THIN] 4.0 to 4.5 questions

  • From: "Matthew McComas" <mmccomas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:21:42 -0600

Greetings:

According to the Citrix web site upgrading from CPS 4.0 to 4.5 appears
to be very seamless...I have a few questions however that perhaps one of
you can answer:

1.       When you install CPS 4.5 on a server and join it to the CPS 4.0
farm does it upgrade the CPS 4.0 database in any way?

2.       Rather than having a big upgrade weekend, I was considering
building a 4.5 image, and just rolling it out to our servers a few at a
time, until all are converted.  At what point should the ZDC be
upgraded, or does this even matter?

3.       Are there any other "gotchas" we should be aware of when
planning the deployment?  (BTW - our farm is running on Server 2003 R2 /
fully patched up)

Thanks,

Matt McComas

Information Technology