[THIN] Re: 3rd party print tools comparison

  • From: Michel Roth <mrdizzz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 07:57:38 +0200

sbc.vanbragt.net has reviews on a lot of SBC products, amongst which
are Uniprint,Tricerat Simplify Printing and Thinprint.

Regards,
Michel Roth
www.thincomputing.net

2005/10/26, Steve Greenberg <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> I can speak to both ThinPrint and Tricerat from production experience. Both
> of these are excellent products that are well written and well supported.
> ThinPrint has a number of extended features which make it a good choice for
> a more complex environment such as large corporations with multiple sites,
> handheld devices, the need for printing gateways, etc.  Simplify Printing is
> more focused on straight ahead WIN32 clients and does a great job at it.
>
> In short, both are excellent products that don't cause headaches, the choice
> between them should be based on feature requirements, pricing, reseller
> support, etc.
>
> APM, as I understand it, is more about managing client printing using the
> built in tools/drivers from MS and Citrix and is an excellent choice if your
> needs are more about setting up printer mappings and finding the correct
> driver to map, monitoring the print error log and quickly resolving failed
> auto-creates. It does not provide a universal print driver per se, but makes
> mappings and auto creation a lot easier to deal with.
>

> Steve Greenberg
> Thin Client Computing
> 34522 N. Scottsdale Rd. suite D8453
> Scottsdale, AZ 85262
> (602) 432-8649
> (602) 296-0411 fax
> steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This Weeks Sponsor: Cesura, Inc.
Know about Citrix end-user slowdowns before they know.
Know the probable cause, immediately.
Know it all now with this free white paper.
http://www.cesurasolutions.com/landing/WPBCForCitrix.htm?mc=WETBCC