[THIN] Re: 32-bit apps

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 12:59:39 -0500

I've done several things.

Deploy anyway and when you have a problem, make them show you it is not a
problem on 32 bit.

Find out what their hesitation is and work with them to overcome the issue
or be a test site to help them start supporting it.

And lastly tell them they are fired and that you are taking your business to
their competition.

On Jun 7, 2011, at 12:38 PM, "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

 OK. Now that we’ve established that,

How would you recommend a company continue to deploy 32-bit applications
which are not supported by the vendor on 64-bit operating systems?

 ------------------------------

*From:* thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On
Behalf Of *Landin, Mark

I understand they may *work,* but our vendor will not *support *them on
64-bit platforms, in which case we don’t want to be running them. Is XenApp6
a 64-bit-only platform?

 ------------------------------

*From:* thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On
Behalf Of *Webster

32-bit apps work just fine on XenApp 6 and the Tech Preview of XenApp 6.5.

*From:* thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] *On
Behalf Of *Landin, Mark
*Subject:* [THIN] 32-bit apps

Our understanding is that future version of Citrix XenApp will be
64-bit-only platforms. However, we have some applications we still use that
are not supported on 64-bit platforms. Is there currently, or will there be,
a 64-bit-only limitation for XenApp, and if so, how would you recommend we
continue to deploy our 32-bit apps?

This message and any attachments may be a confidential attorney-client
communication or otherwise be privileged and confidential. If you are not
the intended recipient, any review, distribution or copying of this
transmittal is prohibited. If you have received this transmittal in error,
please reply by e-mail and delete this message and all attachments