[THIN] 32bit Icons and strange AMC behavior

  • From: Marc-André Lapierre <malapierre@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:45:34 -0400

I ran into a weird issue today.

At one of my customers, we are using "localhost" in the discovery process of
the Citrix Servers. They are using this because they manage multiple farms and
they want their roaming profile to always point to the local server in the AMC.

Today, we noticed that the 32bits icons were not showing correctly. Went in the
console and noticed that the option for 32bit icons does not exist !!!! All the
patchs were installed and working.

After messing around for a short while, i realized that if i put the server
name instead of localhost, i get the 32bit options back and my new published
apps gets a 32bits icons!

Weird i guess this has something to do with dcom security?