[THIN] Re: 2-way browser SSL and CSG

  • From: "Jay Jukes" <thin@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 23:06:36 +0930

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the other "Jay" is looking at using
client SSL certificates as a means of offering a second level of
authentication, similar to RSA or SecureComputing but without the hardware
tokens.  Sounds similar to what I've seen done with LT2P/IPSec VPN's.

The idea I believe is to only allow access from machines with a valid client
certificate, that way it doesn't matter if a user's username/password is
compromised, the client's SSL certificate is also still required.

Cheers
Jay