[THIN] 2003 IE Enhanced Security

  • From: "Richard Manson" <rim@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 00:39:04 +0100

I have a 2003 TS which behaves oddly.

 The "Enhanced Security" mode has been switched off altogether, but even so,
IE will block access with usual dialog and will even ask for password on our
proxy while accessing sites.
Even if the sites are located in our Intranet.

 In order to get ride of the annoyance, one have to add the server to the
"trusted site" list and validate using its domain password !

 I tried to follow the recipe described in the MS article Q303650, without
success. I tried adding our domain (corp.biz), as well as individual server
name and IP ranges...

 My own profile on this TS server does not show this problem. I tried
cleaning up my profile and copying the ntuser.dat to the "default user"
folder.
A user profile build against this problem will *not* show the problem on one
of our Intranet site, but will do so on another site.

 The same happens on other TS server, but quite infrequently. It is limited
to a very few users. I suspect in such case that it is caused by the lack of
permission on the proxy (you need to belong to some user group to be
allowed). The trouble is that once you have the problem, it is nearly
impossible to get out of it! The only way is to completely delete the
profile.

 Anyone had seen such behaviour ? Any idea ?

Thanks !

--Richard.

http://www.seamlessplanet.com