[THIN] Re: 2000 remote admin

  • From: "Paul DeHaan" <wppad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <MBoggan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 15:39:48 -0400

Microsoft has two utilities designed for doing just this.  They are
LDIFDE and CSVDE.  With no knowledge of scripting, I would not attempt
to hack something together for this type of mass creation.  Either of
these should do the job for you.  Once the accounts are created you can
export the list of accounts and use the script that has been offered to
execute tscmd.exe on each of them to set the Terminal Server specific
profile path.

Regards,

Paul DeHaan CCNA, CCA...
Network Administrator
J.M. Huber Corp.

------------>
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary,
and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or
other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you
received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from
all
computers."

>>> MBoggan@xxxxxxxxxxx 08/05/03 01:31PM >>>
Well we are trying to get 400 new user accounts created and the profile
path
information setup.  So we wanted to get 4 of us in there doing it
instead of
just one.

Michael Boggan
Network Engineer/Citrix Admin