[THIN] Re: 17-inch LCD Thin Terminal Recommendations?

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 12:50:43 -0500

Chances are pretty good it will just be the Televideo with a Neoware
label on it.  We use their Voyager tablets and the first ones showed
up with NCD labeling on them.  It's no big deal though.  They do a
decent job of blending aquisitions into their existing product line.

For what it's worth, you can get their cheap ICA only thin client for
about $200 and an Acer 19" LCD for $325.  So for $525 you have a
pretty nice setup.  I woul bet if you put it to the users, they would
prefer the 19" screen.  Just set it on top of the terminal.  It still
results in a decent appearance.

Greg