[THIN] Re: 16-bit color vs. 24-bit color

  • From: rick.mattingly@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 12:27:09 -0400

That is also how I understand 16bit vs 256 to work (16bit being more
efficient)
Thanks,
Enterprise Server Team
Rick Mattingly
859-363--2264

material. Any review, re-transmission, dissemination or other use of, or
computer.

             "Evan Mann"
             <emann@pinnaclefi
             nancial.com>                                               To
             Sent by:                  <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             thin-bounce@freel                                          cc
             ists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [THIN] Re: 16-bit color vs. 24-bit
             07/27/2005 12:19          color
             PM

             Please respond to
             thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hmm, that sounds interesting.  I'm forcing many of my apps to 256 color
because there is simply no need for anything more, and that's what they
were used to on 2000 TS anyway.  Based on this, I should run them all at
16bit anyway, because 'll save cpu overhead and have very little impact
on bandwidth?