[THIN] Re: 16-bit color vs. 24-bit color

  • From: "Alexander Danilychev" <teknica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 09:16:38 -0700

This is due to the overhead of down sampling 16-bit to 256 colors when running at low color, i.e. Citrix (as far as I know) recommends 16-bit versus 256 colors due to better performance on the server and insignificant difference with the bandwidth. However 24-bit WILL impact your bandwidth.

ALEX
www.ishadow.com

From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Re: 16-bit color vs. 24-bit color
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:31:14 -0700

We have been told repeatedly by Citrix that there is essentially no greater
bandwidth used for higher color depth. While I find this hard to understand,
reliable sources have confirmed it.

Regards,

Steve Greenberg

Thin Client Computing