[The Teacher List] LowTech Magazine

  • From: Pete MacKay <pete@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: theteacherlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 08:50:32 -0600

I am an unabashed putterer.  I love working in the garage on odd projects which
usually take me three times longer than most.  My pal, Des, showed me a Calgary
Herald article by Kevin Brooker that showcased LowTechMagazine.com and offered
the adage, "The solution to every problem is within 100 feet."  This is the
site for those who like to fix and repair and make-do.  It is a great study in
how the world's problems can often be solved simply and inexpensively.  It
examines simple machines, simple solutions and offers historical perspective to
many civilian challenges.  There is much here to prompt student discussion
about technology and progress and well worth the time to peruse through.
--
        The URL:  http://www.lowtechmagazine.com

Brooker's article:
http://www.calgaryherald.com/opinion/columnists/6501714/story.html

by FreeLists.org. You
can reply to this email to reach Pete directly.