[thebigjewel] Your Next Realtor Will Be A Chimpanzee - May 16, 2007

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 10:13:53 -0600 (MDT)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, where we have nothing but the highest respect
for the world's most honorable profession. You had no idea we were talking
about Realtors, did you? We didn't think so. And neither did Matt Evans,
whose first piece for us is hanging like a ripe banana right below this
paragraph:

Your Next Realtor Will Be A Chimpanzee

By Matt Evans

A bonobo actually -- the smartest of the chimpanzees. Here's why:

1. According to the National Association of Realtors (NAR), home prices
and sales will continue to fall during 2007. With equity at a ten-year
low, who can afford 6 percent? Home sellers seeking an inexpensive
alternative would do well to hire a bonobo. After all, a Realtor's job is
pretty simple: walk a client through the home, point to the blank spaces
in the contract, smile really big. With a largish supply of bananas, and
following basic Pavlovian principles, one could easily train a chimpanzee
to do the same thing...

neilpasricha@xxxxxxxxx