[thebigjewel] The Legend Of Billy Smith - May 14, 2003

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 05:27:17 -0600 (MDT)

* Ernst Albrecht is BACK for ONE week only. This time he spins a fine ode
to the invincibility of the human spirit. Thanks for reading The Big Jewel,
and have a good week.

The Legend Of Billy Smith
By Ernst Albrecht

"It's your hangin' day, Billy Smith," said the Sheriff through the
bars. "Since you've been here, Billy, I've learned you ain't such a bad
boy. I was wrong before. We was all wrong, and I think we owe you an
apology. I don't want to see you beg and squeal and scream. I don't want to
see you kickin' and dancin' on air. I reckon I'll just have to close my
eyes when the time comes."

Click here for the full article:
http://www.thebigjewel.com/thelegendofbillysmith/