[thebigjewel] Thank You! - August 16, 2006

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 21:08:36 -0600 (MDT)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, where we are thankful just to be alive. Newcomer
Megan Amram, on the other hand, is thankful for much better reasons, as
revealed in her touching letter to Grandma and Grandpa:

"Thank You!"

By Megan Amram

Dear Grandma and Grandpa,

I hope you both are well! I'm just writing to thank you for the $15 Gap
gift certificate you sent me for graduation. I mean, I know I gave you
that really long wish list a few months ago, but it was very bold of you
to veer from the obvious path. Very imaginative. I was clearly joking when
I wrote on the list that any gift worth less than $100 would be a waste of
both your time and your money. The gift card is really very considerate,
don't get me wrong. It's quite thought-provoking. I had no idea they could
fit such a tiny amount of money into such a big card!! It's astounding,
really. After school starts, I'll bring it in and we can examine it, since
it's obviously a scientific miracle!! Just kidding, guys. Thanks a lot...

neilpasricha@xxxxxxxxx