[thebigjewel] Battle of the Bands - April 4, 2007

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 14:41:01 -0600 (MDT)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, where our iPods are fully locked and loaded with
the hottest songs from the latest iPod commercials, thus linking us to the
Great Chain of Being where music and marketing are one and all karma is
instant. Yes, we are hip to the Radiohead and the Coldplay and the Travis
and the Keane. It doesn't have a good beat and you can't dance to it,
which seems to be the point. Still, we are certain there is a hit
television series in this pop-but-trying-so-hard-not-to-look-it music:

Battle of the Bands Who Would Have No Career If Radiohead Had Kept Making
Accessible Music

By Wayne Gladstone and Eric Feezell

Hello, and welcome to the third annual Battle of the Bands Who Would Have
No Career if Radiohead Had Kept Making Accessible Music. I'm your host,
Thom Yorke: primary creative force behind Radiohead -- the only band of
any significance in the last decade...

neilpasricha@xxxxxxxxx