[thebigjewel] An Open Letter To O.J. Simpson From The Real Killer - September 19, 2007

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 08:16:54 -0600 (MDT)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, where we like to believe we are immune to the
tyranny of topicality and the seductiveness of celebrity. We had
originally accepted this week's piece by Mike Richardson-Bryan because it
reminded us of a bygone era -- a kinder, gentler time when a simple sports
hero-sociopath could get away with a double homicide scot-free. O.J.
Simpson was so far out of the public eye that many people were starting to
mistake him for Katie Couric. Imagine our surprise, then, when O.J.'s Las
Vegas shenanigans suddenly brought the following story back into the realm
of the newsworthy. No doubt about it, the Juice has made things tough for
himself. Even if he beats the rap again, he will be a busy man working two
shifts: days to find the real killer, and nights to find the real
burglar...

An Open Letter To O.J. Simpson From The Real Killer

By Mike Richardson-Bryan

Dear O.J.,

It's me, the real killer...Imagine my surprise when, upon your acquittal,
you dedicated your life to tracking me down and bringing me to justice. I
had a good laugh about it, at first. "Oh, no," I said to myself, feigning
a tremble, "O.J. Simpson is gonna sleuth me out." But the laughter soon
gave way to panic when it became clear that you were serious. Dead
serious...

neilpasricha@xxxxxxxxx