[thebigjewel] All Together Now - July 19, 2006

  • From: "The Big Jewel" <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thebigjewel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:05:00 -0600 (MDT)

Welcome to The Big Jewel, where we march to the beat of a different
drummer for much the same reason that Spinal Tap does (i.e., because the
drummers keep spontaneously combusting). Coincidentally, our piece this
week is about a high school marching band. It's by Brian Beatty, who is
new to our pages but will be known to readers of McSweeney's Internet
Tendency. The high school marching band he writes about is apparently one
in which every member marches to the beat of a different
drummer...including the drummers:

"All Together Now"

By Brian Beatty

Hey gang!

I've been thinking about getting the band back together for a reunion tour.

I believe I speak for all of us when I say that graduating high school
broke us up much too soon -- that the Northview Knights (Classes of 86-88)
ended on the worst possible note.

We deserved better than that, if you ask me. My mom thinks so, too...

neilpasricha@xxxxxxxxx