[TextEditor_mcc] Re: Floating point usage in mcc/HandleInput.c

  • From: Jens Langner <Jens.Langner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texteditor_mcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 00:04:22 +0200

Hello Gunther,

On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:25:44 +0200, Gunther Nikl wrote:

[...]
> One of your recent changes to the mcc does a floating point
> calculation. On m68k thats bad because that means using the IEEE math
> libraries and we all know that these libraries can't be shared among
> different users, right? ;-) FWIW, I don't think there is the need to
> use a floating point calculation at all. I suggest to apply the
> appended patch.

Ah ok. That sounds/looks reasonable. Thanks for you patch, I will try to
apply it to the next upcoming verison of TextEditor.mcc. I guess I must have
overseen that limitation due to the fact that borrowed that part of the code
from the YAM CVS repository where in fact the usage of -lm is not so
critical :)

cheers,
jens
--
Jens Langner                                               Ph: +49-351-4716545
Lannerstrasse 1

USER : A programmer who will believe anything you tell him.

TextEditor ML   - //www.freelists.org/list/texteditor_mcc
Listserver help - mailto:texteditor_mcc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=HELP
Bugtracker......: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=731469&group_id=135025