[TextEditor_mcc] Re: Editor test program crashes in MorphOS

  • From: Ilkka Lehtoranta <ilkleht@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texteditor_mcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 01:19:07 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Jens Langner wrote:

> Hello Ilkka,
>
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:36:47 +0300, Ilkka Lehtoranta wrote:
>
> [...]
> >> so here you can see that I already added a proper initialization to
> >> the MUIM_Setup method of TextEditor. The question is now why later on
> >> data->tmprp.Font is NULL? Because it shouldn't be null in MUIM_Show
> >> cause MUIM_Setup sets up the font for the temporary rastport already
> >> because MUIM_Show is called.
> >
> > Okay. data->tmprp.Font is NULL because data->font is NULL at
> > MUIM_Setup.  That is, GetFont() in InitConfig() call fails and both
> > data->fixedfont  and data->normalfont are NULL (I dont have fonts
> > configured).
>
> Ah! this was the missing link. I didn't think of the possibility that you
> haven't got any fonts configured. Thanks for the hint. So please checkout
> the latest version as I fixed the problem now and forever (hopefully) :) And
> please report back if it now works for you on MOS.

It works now.

> >> No. If I am correct then the initialization done in MUIM_Setup should
> >> already setup the temporary rastport right before a Window_Open call
> >> and make it valid right on creation time of the TextEditor object.
> >
> > I'll try to build test cases to see if there are problems. "Dont fix it
> > if  it aint broken" ... :)
>
> Yes that would be great. But let me correct myself. I checked it and
> MUIM_Setup is of course only called when the window is opened with
> MUIA_Window_Open. However, I guess there still might be no problem if
> data->font is not yet initialized at that point as the object is set as
> "data->shown = FALSE" and as such no operation should be done which requires
> a valid data->font. But of course, if you could provide testcases that would
> definitly help in verifying it.

I will look what I can do when I'm back from vacation (in Monday :).

  cu, Ilkka

TextEditor ML   - //www.freelists.org/list/texteditor_mcc
Listserver help - mailto:texteditor_mcc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=HELP
Bugtracker......: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=731469&group_id=135025