[texbirds] Re: use of iphone in field

  • From: H Trudell <heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx" <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 11:41:58 -0600

It's ok, Brush - I think she wanted to have an example of youngsters being
grumpy codgers about the tech we were raised on ;)

-h

Heidi Trudell, playback codger
Marathon, TX

On Jan 3, 2014, at 9:24, Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The author of this article Sarah, did a phone interview with me a couple of
weeks back I reckon she did not like what I had to offer, but I don't use
App, Iphones or Ipods either, which might have been her sole interest...
...I just my good Screech Owl "cassette tape" ...the same thing I have and
will continue to use during NON-BREEDING season for much of my birding life
:-) where permitted.   And I do not bird areas frequented by birders very
often anyway so there is little impact.  I do use specific playbacks, under
permit, for survey or research purposes.  Journalists will try to cherry
pick and go for the nerve.
Brush Freeman
503-551-5150 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/