[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] fledgling Lesser Goldfinches - Austin

  • From: LMarkoff <canyoneaglej@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 19:54:36 -0500

Hi Texbirds,

For the last 10 minutes I have been watching two profusely begging fledgling
Lesser Goldfinches in pursuit of an adult female LEGO.  They follow her as
she perches in the dead tree outside my window, feeds at the sunflower
feeder, or drinks from the hanging birdbath, all the while pleading for her
attention.  She is very good at ignoring them, which makes me think they are
not recent fledges.

Fledgling LEGOs on April 4...is that early?

Lori Markoff
far southwest Austin

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds