[texbirds-freelists] Re: [texbirds] White Pelican kettle - Austin

  • From: Connie Madia <coframadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 17:03:02 -0500

On our first bird tour of the spring today at Balcones Canyonlands NWR we
saw 400-500 White Pelicans heading north paralleling FM 1174 west of  the
Oatmeal turnoff.

Our tours are open to the public and are free.  Our target birds are the
Golden-cheeked Warbler and Black-capped Vireo.  We take participants to
areas not open to the public on a regular basis.  For more info see the
website at FriendsofBalcones.org and look under Events.

Connie Madia
RV Volunteer
Balcones Canyonlands NWR
Marble Falls, TX