[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] Tyler State Park 4-11-12

  • From: Boyd Sanders <boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 16:25:29 -0500

Howdy All!

I was able to get a little time birding in this morning to help get ready
for the bird walk this Saturday.  It was kind of quiet at first, but I did
get a few pretty good birds.  Red-eyed Vireos and Indigo Bunitngs are
singing in various parts of the park.  Eastern Kingbirds have arrived in
the Park Store area.  Yellow-throated Vireo and Louisiana Waterthrush are
in the low area near the Big Pine Camping Loop.  Broad-winged Hawks are
patrolling the woods around the lake.  The bird of the day was a Warbling
Vireo singing over the stream bed down the Old Road.

Come out and do some birding!  This Saturday at 8am we will have a bird
tour to the hotspots in the park.  We will meet at the park HQ and begin
birding there.  If you can't make it out to the park for a weekend birding
trip but can come during the week, give me a holler and I can give you some
advice on where to bird or maybe even get in a little birding with you.

Good birding,

Boyd Sanders
Interpreter
Tyler State Park
boyd.sanders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(903)597-5338

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds