[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] TODAY (last day): Western Grebe, Yellow-Headed Blackbird, Collared Seedeater, Red-Billed Pigeon, Golden-Cheeked Warbler.

  • From: Serge Beaudette <sbnature@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 23:36:41 -0400

Hello!

Today was our last day of the trip... A beautiful day with 91 species!

Highlights:
Laredo (Casa Blanca Lake):
-Western Grebe (1)
-Yellow-Headed Blackbird (1 male)
-Cinnamon Teal (6)

Laredo ("Zapate" Creek):
-Collared Seedeater (2)
-Red-Billed Pigeon (1)
-Black Phoebe (3)
-Ringed Kingfisher (our first!!!)

Friedrich Wilderness Park:
-Golden-Cheeked Warbler (2 males singing)
-Western Scrub-Jay (1)
-Summer Tanager (1 male)

...We finish our 9 days trip with 234 species!!!! I got 6 "lifers"!

...We met very beautiful birds... and VERY VERY nice birders and Texas
residents!!!!

Thanks for your help when I planed this trip, your answers, tips,
messages,... I will prepare and send pictures and the complete list of birds
we saw!

See you!!!

Serge Beaudette (and the "French Canadian Group"!)
www.pitpitpit.com
Quebec, CANADA

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds

Edit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at //www.freelists.org/list/texbirds