[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] Neal's Lodges: Concan, Uvalde County...Tropical Parula; Golden-cheeked Warbler; Black-capped Vireo

  • From: bobolink@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 19:30:08 +0000

Took Martin Reed; Simon; and Rafael from Barcelona, Spain to see the three top
birds today...successful on all...

also, Rufous-crowned Sparrow and Black-throated Sparrow in many locations...

the adventure to see the Black-capped Vireo took a good hour and we got some
good exercise...we walked the outside trail up to the top...very slippery on
rocks coming and mostly going...downhill a bear.

anyway, we got to top trail and walked along rim...black-capped vireo was
singing now and then...when we got out on the rim we noticed two birds were
singing more...we dropped down one level and listened to them sing some
more...we were looking down on them...this bird is very small so even at 50ft
you have a hard time seeing...finally one of the birds got to some bare limbs
and the four of us were happy...
Two birds again flew over to some lush greenery and even though we saw them
hopping around pictures were hard to get...

I then took Rafael to the river and he got some nice looks and pictures...I
have a nice lens but his was two feet longer than mine...he also took at least
9 pictures/second.
Mine, though, did not need a tripod... :)

http://www.pbase.com/bobsnature/43neals2012&page=all

Have a Happy Easter...

Bob Rasa
Uvalde County Reporting
(830)279-4416

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds