[texbirds-freelists] Re: [texbirds] Mystery passerine at Frontera, 4/8/12

  • From: Dan Jones <antshrike1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 15:00:51 -0500

Not many takers for my mystery bird at Frontera.  When it first flew into the
bush I thought it was a Bell's Vireo.  The bill and spectacles are consistant
with a vireo.  But the complete eye ring on the last photo would rule out
Bell's Vireo.  The first two pics show a pale gape flange which is indicative
of a newly fledged bird.  I think it's a young White-eyed vireo.  A singing
adult of the species flew into the same bush.

Dan Jones, Wesalco

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds