[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] Laguna Atascosa NWR

  • From: Ferguson/Prothro Carol/brenda <jipseez@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 23:38:55 -0500

Hi,

We visited Laguna Atascosa NWR on Tues, April 3.  It is still very dry and
there are few ponds or lakes with any water.  We drove the Bayview Loop looking
for the Greater Scaup that had been reported April 1.  We had no luck on that.
It was quite windy and viewing birds out in Laguna Madre was difficult.  Here
are some of the best birds…

Greater Roadrunner-5
Nor Mockingbird-12
Turkey Vultures-10
Red-breasted Merganser-5 but probably many more out in the water
Caspian and Royal Terns
Eastern Meadowlark-5
Harris Hawk-2
Couch's Kingbird-2
TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds