[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] Id help and quintana to high island 12 sp. of warblers

  • From: Tripp Davenport <tripp.davenport@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 22:40:49 -0500

Spent today (saturday) first at Quintana and then working my way east up
to high island. A good mix of warblers present, variety but single birds
or small numbers. Oddly enough my high single species count was blue-
winged warbler a total of 5 in 2 different locations. I also posted 2 pics
of an empid flycatcher that I took at Lafitte's Cove today on the texbirds
facebook group. It was feeding low to the ground and stuck to deep canopy,
markings were spectacles and "mask", looks like bi-colored bill and
distinctive wing bars (least flycatcher?). Unfortunately the pics are a
bit fuzzy as the bird was in shade. The pics are posted on the TEXBIRDS
facebook groups page if anyone cares to weigh in on an id...

Q = quintana
L = Lafitte's Cove
H = High Island

Blue-winged Warbler  LH
Prairie Warbler Q
Northern Parula QL
Black and White Warbler QLH
Hooded Warbler LH
Wilson's Warbler LH
Yellow-breasted Chat H
Worm Eating Warbler LH
Kentucky Warbler L
Tennesee Warbler H
American Redstart H
Prothonotary Warbler H

other migrant species of interest:
Swainson's Thrush LH
Wood Thrush H
Orchard Orioles QLH
Empid Flycatcher L
Eastern Kingbirds H
Great Crested Flycatcher H
Summer Tanager H

Tripp Davenport
Winnie (Chambers County) for tonight
Home base Uvalde County Texas

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds