[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] High Island 4/9/12

  • From: David Hanson <DHanson139@xxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 23:34:36 -0400

I headed down to High Island around 3:15 this afternoon and on my way down
there were Scissor-tailed Flycatchers along FM1985 as well as 3 Red-tailed
Hawks  with the best one being right across FM 1985 from the closed entrance
into the  Anahuac NWR East Unit. It was a very light colored Krieder's
Hawk. Heading home  at almost dark a Great Horned Owl flew across in front of my
car just before the  "Y" in the road where FM 1985 turns into FM 562 and
heads North.

I managed to get 2 new life birds for me this afternoon so the short trip
was worth it. For three years I have been chasing Cerulean and Swainson
Warblers an and today I got both. Cerulean pictures came out OK but the
Swainson's was just OK due to being just before dark.

Joanne if you are reading this thanks for leaving so the Swainson's would
come in!

_http://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/Nature/Texas-Birds/17293655_vKBN
QB#!i=1787549227&k=srCQNvP_
(http://hansonnaturephotography.smugmug.com/Nature/Texas-Birds/17293655_vKBNQB#!i=1787549227&k=srCQNvP)

Boy Scout Woods  BSW
Hooks (TOS)  H

List From Today: 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
White-throated Sparrow  BSW
Tennessee Warbler  BSW
Kentucky Warbler  H
Hooded Warbler  BSW, H  (Hooded's were every where)
Prothonatary Warbler  H
Blue-winged Warbler   BSW
Worm-eating Warbler  BSW, H
Black and White Warbler   BSW
Cerulean Warbler  BSW
Swainson's Warbler  H  (one reported at BSW also)
American Redstart  H
Yellow-throated Warbler  BSW
Summer Tanager  H
Orchard Oriole  BSW
Red-eyed Vireo
Wood Thrush  BSW, H
Brown Thrasher  BSW, H
Gray Catbird  BSW, H
Painted Bunting  BSW
Indigo Bunting  BSW
Bown-headed Cowbird  BSW
Great-tailed Grackle  BSW
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher  FM 1985
Great Horned Owl  FM 1985
Red-tailed Hawk  FM 1985

David Hanson

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds
Baytown/Mont Belvieu Area