[texbirds-freelists] [texbirds] Hawks, Hawks, Hawks over Hazel...

  • From: Dane Ferrell <daneferrell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 07:34:56 -0500

Joined at various times by our Friends Mike Clifford, Vicki and Joel
Simon, Debbie Taylor, and Denise Parks - Libby Even and I counted Raptors
at Hazel Bazemore County Park yesterday(03/31), from 10am until 5pm(Corpus
time). Nice spotting Everyone! Here are the numbers:

Broad-winged Hawks = 8110 (This includes 4 dark morphs)

Turkey Vultures = 202

Swainson's Hawks = 32

Sharp-shinned Hawks = 2

American Kestrels = 2

Total = 8348

We also had a flight of 7 Brown Pelicans which is quite unusual in that
none of us had ever seen more that 2 from Hazel Bazemore in the past.

Hazel is definitely Rocking...

Dane Ferrell
Hazel's Unofficial Just For Fun Spring Hawkwatch
Corpus Christi, TX

TEXBIRDS help file and Texas birding links at:
http://moonmountaingroup.com/texbirds